SELECTED CATALOGUE TEXTS / CONVERSATIONS
“Jane Jin Kaisen in Conversation with Mary Kelly” in History Has Failed Us, but No Matter, The Korean Pavilion 58th International Art Exhibition, La Biennale di Venezia, Mousse Publishing, 2019
”Social Death and Being out of Time” by Anselm Franke in History Has Failed Us, but No Matter, The Korean Pavilion 58th International Art Exhibition, La Biennale di Venezia, Mousse Publishing, 2019
”Border as Space, Diaspora as Community: Folded Body and Polyphonic Voice of the Bari-Film” by HyeYoung Cho in History Has Failed Us, but No Matter, The Korean Pavilion 58th International Art Exhibition, La Biennale di Venezia, Mousse Publishing, 2019
”Unfaithful Returns: Reiterations of Dissent, U.S.-Korean Militarized Debt, and the Architecture of Violent Freedom” by Crystal Mun-hye Baik, Journal of Asian American Studies, Volume 18, No. 1, February 2015
”Artistic Research as Critique in Jane Jin Kaisen’s Loving Belinda” by Marianne Ping Huang in Loving Belinda, 2015
”Framing the Migrant Body” by Louise Wolthers in Loving Belinda, Forlaget *[asterisk], 2015
“Dialogue - On the politics of Voice”, Conversation between Mary Kelly, Sharon Hayes, Andrea Geyer, Dont Rhine, Jane Jin Kaisen, edited by Mary Kelly & Cecilia Wiedenheim, Stockholm: published by IASPIS, the Swedish Visual Arts Fund’s international programme, 2011
”Voices and Narratives Opening up a Site of Contestation” by Yasuko Ikeuchi in Dissident Translations, Aarhus Kunstbygnings Forlag, 2011
SELECTED PUBLISHED WRITINGS / EDITORIAL
“Korea and Demilitarized Peace”, Periscope - Social Text, co-edited with Crystal Mun-hye Baik. Contributors: Yong Soon Min, Suzy Kim, Soni Kum, Patty Ahn, Sukjong Hong, Haruki Eda, 2018.
“Translating Otherwise: Borders as Apertures | Specters | Rifts”, in Negotiating Borders REAL DMZ PROJECT 2017, Samuso Space for Contemporary art LLC, 2018.
“Today We Are All Egyptians.” Co-authored with Guston Sondin-Kung. In Cairo - Images of Transition: Perspectives on Visuality in Egypt, 2011-2013, edited by Mikala Hyldig Dal, Columbia University Press, 2013.
“Itinerary #1.” In Women commentators, edited by Anna Walewska, Warzaw: Published by Katarzyna Kozyra Foundation, 2013.
“Unassigned”, Shifter Journal #12, 2008, Co-edited with Shresta Premnath and Kajsa Dahlberg.
SELECTED PRESS REVIEWS / ARTICLES / INTERVIEWS
· 경향신문, 옹색한 공간 속에서도 구현해낸 3인3색 작가의 조화···베니스 비엔날레 한국관 전시 가보니, May 10, 2019
· Artforum, Persons of Interest, Kate Sutton at the 58th Venice Biennale, May 9, 2019
· Art Asia Pacific, 58th Venice Biennale, Part 2: National Pavilions in the Giardini, May 14, 2019
· Det Danske Filminstitut, Bodies Cannot Be Isolated / En Mørk Historie Genfortalt, Freja Dam, Feb, 2018
· Jeju Weekly, Video interview with Jeju Biennale artist Jane Jin Kaisen, Song Jung Hee, Sept. 1, 2017
· Art Asia Pacific 2 or 3 Tigers, Clara Tang, Jul/Aug, 2017
· Leeum Museum Art Spectrum 2016 Artist Interview, May 2016
· akimbo: Yonder at Koffler Gallery & Crossing the Line at Critical Distance, Terence Dick, Nov. 16, 2016
· "Crossfading the Gendered History of Militarism in Korea" in War Baby / Love Child: Mixed Race Asian American Art, Interview with Laura Kina, edited by Laura Kina, Wei Ming Dariotis and Kent A. Ono, Seattle & London: University of Washington Press, 2013
· Farlige Installationer, by Steffen Walton, Jyllandsposten Kultursektionen pp.6-7, Nov. 12, 2011.
· Danish Video Artist’s Jeju 4.3 Work draws attention in Europe, Jeju Seori, South Korea, Oct. 18, 2011.
· Prize winning Danish Artist Halla News, South Korea, Oct. 18, 2011.