Jane Jin Kaisen is a Korean-Danish visual artist and filmmaker born in Jeju Island, South Korea in 1980. She grew up in Denmark and is currently living in-between Jeju and Copenhagen.
She employs various mediums including experimental documentary, multi-channel video installation, performative video art, photography, and text. Overarching themes include history, memory, migration, and translation at the intersection of personal and collective histories and understandings. While each work is driven by its own aesthetic and discursive inquiry, together they form a multi-faceted and in-depth survey of transnational and gendered histories related to coloniality, modernity, war and borders.
Kaisen holds an MFA from the University of California Los Angeles in the interdisciplinary studio area and an MA in art theory and media art from The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts. In addition, she was a 2007-08 fellow at the Whitney Museum of American Art Independent Study Program and she is currently completing her PhD in artistic research at The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts / University of Copenhagen.
Kaisen has presented her works at venues such as the 7th Liverpool Biennial (UK), Videonale13, Haus der Kulturen der Welt (Germany), the Gwangju Biennale, Leeum Samsung Museum of Art, Asia Culture Center, Seoul Museum of Art, the Incheon Women Artists Biennale, the Jeju Biennale, Seoul New Media Art Festival, Coreana Museum of Art (South Korea), Gana Art New York, DePaul Art Museum, The Wing Luke Museum of the Asian American Experience, Vox Populi Gallery, Korean American Film Festival New York, Los Angeles Asia Pacific American Film Festival (USA), Kunsthallen Brandts, Museum for Contemporary Art Roskilde, Nikolaj Contemporary Art Center, The National Museum of Photography, Den Frie Udstillingsbygning, and Kunsthal Aarhus (Denmark), Malmö Konsthall, Malmö Konstmuseum, and Inter Arts Center, Kalmar Art Museum (Sweden), Sørlandet Art Museum and Oslo Kunstforening (Norway), the Finnish Museum of Photography (Finland), Kyoto Arts Center, Kyoto Museum of Art, Fukouka Museum of Art, and Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival, Tochigi Prefectural Museum of Fine Arts (Japan), ParaSite (Hong Kong), 2nd Chiangjiang Photography and Video Biennale, Beijing 798 Art Zone (China), Taiwan International Documentary Film Festival (Taiwan), Museum of Contemporary Art and Design (Philippines), The National Gallery (Indonesia), and Townhouse Gallery (Egypt).
CURRICULUM VITAE - JANE JIN KAISEN
Born 1980, Jeju Island, South Korea
Lives in Copenhagen, Denmark and Jeju Island, South Korea
· PhD Candidate, The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts / University of Copenhagen, Dept. of Art and Cultural Studies, 2014-
· MA, Department of Art Theory (Lector Carsten Juhl) / Department of Media Art (Professor Ann Lislegaard), 2010
· MFA, University of California Los Angeles, USA, Department of Art, Interdisciplinary Studio Area (Professor Mary Kelly), 2010
· The Whitney Museum of American Art Independent Study Program, USA, 2007-08
· Inter Arts Center, SE, Of Specters - or Returns, 2015
· Astrid Noack´s Atelier, DK, Of Specters - or Returns, 2015
· Yonsei University, Underwood International College, KR, Sites of Translation, 2015
· Galleri Image, DK, Loving Belinda, January 9-March 8, 2015
· Jeju April 3rd Peace Park, KR, Jane Jin Kaisen – Reiterations of Dissent, Aug 20-Dec. 30, 2013.
· Art Space C, KR, Jane Jin Kaisen - Solo Exhibition, Aug. 7-17, 2013.
· Officin, Copenhagen, DK, Revolution is not a Bird´s Eye View … May 24-June 28, 2013.
· Aarhus Art Building, DK, Dissident Translations, Oct. 8 2011 – Jan. 9 2012.
· Vox Populi Gallery, USA, The Woman, The Orphan, and The Tiger, w. Guston Sondin-Kung, June 3-26, 2011.
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS, SCREENINGS, PERFORMANCES
· Jeju Biennale, KR, Jeju Museum of Art, Tourism
· Seoul Museum of Art, KR, Asian Diva: The Muse and the Monster
· Art Center at the Jim Thompson House, TH, Soil and Stones, Souls and Songs
· Haus der Kulturen der Welt, DE, 2 or 3 Tigers
· 2nd Changjiang International Photography and Video Biennale, CN
· Finnish Museum of Photography, FN, Nordic Delights
· Kunsthal Aarhus, DK, The Time Share Project - The Real DMZ Project: The Aarhus Edition
· ParaSite, Hong Kong, Soil and Stones, Souls and Songs
· Enclave, UK, Melancholia: Archipelago Journal screening of The Woman, The Orphan, and The Tiger
· 68 Art Institute, DK, Rough Trade
· Fotografisk Center, DK, Nordic Delights
· New York University, USA, film screening: Reiterations of Dissent
· University of California San Diego, USA, film screening: The Woman, The Orphan, and The Tiger & Reiterations of Dissent
· Glasmoog, Raum Für Kunst & Diskurs, Köln, DE, House of Memories
· Fotografisk Center, DK, Nordic Delights
· Korea Film Archive, Feminism Video Artivist Biennale 2016, KR
· Critical Distance Center for Curators, CA, Crossing the Line: Contemporary Art From Denmark
· Kalmar Art Museum, SE, Nordic Delights
· CBK Zuidoost, Amsterdam, NL, Unland
· Museum of Contemporary Art and Design, PN, Soil and Stones, Souls and Songs
· Rauma Biennale Balticum, FI, Vulnerability Matters Laboratory
· Den Frie Udstillingsbygning, DK, For More Than One Voice: performative reading in collaboration with Stina Hasse
· Leeum Samsung Museum of Art, KR, ArtSpectrum
· Oslo Kunstforening, NO, Nordic Delights
• New York University, Department of East Asian Studies, USA, The Woman, The Orphan, and The Tiger screening
· Husets Biograf, DK, The Woman, The Orphan, and The Tiger
· Danske Grafikeres Hus, DK, A Feminist Culture Reader
· Asian Culture Complex, KR, Interrupted Survey: Fractured Modern Mythologies
· Seoul International NewMedia Festival, Glocal Panorama
· Emerson College Huret & Spector Gallery, USA, Los Archivos del Cuerpo
· Raindance Film Centre, London, UK, Reiterations of Dissent
· AAS Film Expo, Chicago, USA, Reiterations of Dissent
· Haus der Kulturen der Welt (DE), Rencontres Internationales video archive
· The National Gallery of Denmark - The Royal Cast Collection, DK, Arkiv over Hvidme
· Seoul International NewMedia Festival, KR, Reiterations of Dissent selected as opening film
· Gallery Zandari, KR, Exclusion + Possibility
· La Neomudejar de Atocha, ES, Victimas y Olvido
· Sonoma County Museum of Art, USA, Camelia Has Fallen: Contemporary Korean Artists Reflect on the Jeju Uprising
· Center for contemporary Art Ujazdowski Castle, PL, Women Commentators
· Coreana Museum, KR, Tell Me Her Story
· Sørlandet Art Museum, NO, The Beginning is Always Today: Contemporary Feminist Art in Scandinavia
· Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience & DePaul Art Museum, USA, War Baby/Love Child
· Lewisham Arthouse, UK, Visualising Affect
· Kunsthaus Rheania, DE, Strom Festival
· Malmo Art Museum, SE, The Nordic Model
· Selasar Sunaryo Art Space, ID, Dear Curator, Curate Me
· DePaul Art Museum, Chicago, USA, War Baby / Love Child
· Sylvia Wald and Po Kim Art Gallery, New York, USA, Korean American Film Festival New York
· University of California Los Angeles, Melnitz Hall - James Bridges Theater, USA
· 7th Liverpool Biennale, UK, City States
· Townhouse Gallery Biennial Exhibition, EG, Liminal State
· Galleri Lars Olsen, DK, 7 Generous Gestures
· Fukuoka Asian Art Museum, Women In-Between: Asian Women Artists 1984-2012
· Okinawa Prefecture Art Museum, Women In-Between: Asian Women Artists 1984-2012
· Tochigi Prefecture Art Museum of Fine Arts, Women In-Between: Asian Women Artists 1984-2012
· Mie Prefectural Art Museum, JP, Women In-Between: Asian Women Artists 1984-2012
· We Speak Here Film Festival, Culture Unplugged
· Kunsthallen Brandts, DK, ENTER II
· Kunstmuseum Bonn, DE, Videonale13 Festival for Contemporary Art
· Nikolaj Kunsthal, DK, FOKUS Video Art Festival
· Malmö Konsthall, SE, IN THE ACT
· Roskilde Museum for Contemporary Art, DK, ACTS
· East of Eden Cinema, Århus, DK, 3 films by Jane Jin Kaisen
· Ars Cameralis, Poland, Videonale13 Festival for Contemporary Art
· Gallery of Modern Art Glasgow, Scotland, Videonale13 Festival for Contemporary Art
· Künstlerhaus Dortmund, Germany, Videonale13 Festival for Contemporary Art
· Korean American Film Festival New York, USA
· Jeju International Women’s Film Festival, South Korea
· Seoul Human Rights Film Festival, South Korea
· National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts, TW, TIDFF
· Jeju National Museum, KR, Crossing the Sea
· The Wight Gallery, UCLA, USA, MFA2010
· Infr’acton Festival International d’art Performance, Sete, FR
· Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival, JP
· Taiwan International Documentary Film Festival, TW
· The Dialogic Imagination, IASPIS, SE
· 2nd Incheon Women Artists Biennale, KR
· Kunstforeningen Gammel Strand, DK, EXIT09
· Martin Asbaek Projects, DK, Topaz
· Kring Gallery, KR, Boarding Bridges
· Municipal Art Gallery of Kalamata, Greece, Migrations
· Amelie A. Wallace Gallery, NY, USA, Borders
· Scandinavia House, USA, Live Action New York
· 798 Art Zone, CN, 10th Open International Performance Art Festival.
· 2nd Asian Women’s Film Festival Berlin, Germany
· 25th International Asia Pacific Film Festival Los Angeles, USA
· Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival, Japan
· Gana Art Gallery New York, USA, Breaking Out
· Buenos Aires National Library, Argentina, The Last Book Project
· Gallery Metropolitana, Santiago, Chile, 2nd Deformes Biennial
· Tompkin’s County Public Library, New York, USA, Unnamable Name
· Lilith Performance Studio, Sweden, Privilege Walk
· Botnik Space, SE, Botnik Studios
· The Green Papaya Gallery, Philippines, This is not a Koreanobela: a film trilogy
· The National Museum of Photography, DK, Traces in Photography
· Gallery La Centrale, Montreal, CA, Orientity Exhibition
· New York University, USA, Exquisite Crisis and Encounters
· Kyunghee University Art Museum, KR, Visions from the Periphery
· 6th Gwangju Biennale, KR, UFOlab Banana Power
· The Faroe Islands National Art Museum, Rethinking Nordic Colonialism
· Gallery Pixel, DK, Copenhagen Alternative Art Fair
· Ssamzie Space, KR, Global Alien Television
· The Substation, SG, Episode 5
· National Gallery, ID, International Indonesia Performance Art Event
· 798 Art Zone, Beijing, CN, 4th DaDao Live Art Festival
· Hong Kong Arts Center, International Film and Video Festival
· Malmo International Film Festival, SE
· Museum for Contemporary Art Roskilde, DK, Accent
· Echo Park Film Center, USA, Skin Deep
· Galapagos Art Space, USA, Skin Deep
· Hong Kong Fringe Club, HK, Orientity Exhibition
· Bandits-Mages International Media Festival, Bourges, FR
· Malmo International Film Festival, SE
· Kyoto Museum of Art, JP, AREUM Vessel
· Kyoto Arts Center, JP, Orientity Exhibition
· Keumsan Gallery & Dongsanbang Gallery, KR, Our adoptee, Our Alien
· Aarhus Kunstbygning, Minority Report
ARTIST RESIDENCIES & VISITING RESEARCHER
· Institute for Provocation, Beijing, China, 2017, artist-in-residency, supported by the Danish Arts Foundation
· Yangjiri Artist Residency, South Korea, 2017, hosted by the REAL DMZ PROJECT, supported by the Danish Arts Foundation
· Jeju National University, School of Law and Politics, South Korea, 2017, visiting scholar
· New York University - A/P/A Institute, USA, 2016, visiting scholar
· Ewha Womans University - Korean Womens Institute, South Korea, 2015, visiting scholar
· Yonsei University - Underwood International College, South Korea, 2015, artist-in-residence, supported by the Danish Arts Foundation
· Townhouse Gallery, Cairo, Egypt, 2011-12, artist-in-residence
· The Danish Culture Institute in Beijing, China, 2006, artist-in-residence
· Asia Art Archive Hong Kong, 2006, visiting researcher
4.3 (Published by Eller med a as part of Scripted!! 12 Performances on Paper). Compiled and edited by Trine Mee Sook Gleerup, Maria Bordorff, Mathias Kryger in collaboration with Eller med a, 2016 (ISBN: 978-87-997795-4).
Loving Belinda (Published in connection with the solo exhibition Loving Belinda at Galleri Image), conversations co-authored with Lene Myong, Morten Goll, Tobias Hübinette, text contributions by Marianne Ping Huang, Louise Wolthers, Tone Olaf Nielsen. Forlaget Asterisk, 180 pages, January 2015.
Revolution is not a bird´s eye view …but a rose is a rose is a rose… (2-volume artist book published in relation to a solo exhibition of the same name at Officin in Denmark). Including conversations co-authored with Aida Eltorie, Mikala Hyldig Dal, Guston Sondin-Kung, edited by Marie Kølbæk, Copenhagen: Officin Publishing (February 2014).
Dissident Translations (Published in relation to the solo exhibition Dissident Translations at Århus Kunstbygning), conversation co-authored with Cecilia Wiedenheim, Århus: published by Forlaget Århus Kunstbygning, 2011 (ISBN: 978-87-92025-24-1).
“Today We Are All Egyptians.” Co-authored with Guston Sondin-Kung. In Cairo - Images of Transition: Perspectives on Visuality in Egypt, 2011-2013, edited by Mikala Hyldig Dal, Columbia University Press, 2013, pp. 51+94-99 (ISBN 978-3-8376-2615-5).
“Itinerary #1.” In Women commentators, edited by Anna Walewska, Warzaw: Published by Katarzyna Kozyra Foundation, 2013, pp 78-93, 160.
"Crossfading the Gendered History of Militarism in Korea" in War Baby / Love Child: Mixed Race Asian American Art, (conversation with Laura Kina), edited by Laura Kina, Wei Ming Dariotis and Kent A. Ono, Seattle & London: University of Washington Press, 2013, pp. 86-91 + plates 15a, 15b, 15c (ISBN: 978-0-295-99225-9).
Dialogue - On the politics of Voice, (Conversation co-authored with Mary Kelly, Sharon Hayes, Andrea Geyer, Dont Rhine), edited by Mary Kelly & Cecilia Wiedenheim, Stockholm: published by IASPIS, the Swedish Visual Arts Fund’s international programme, 2011, pp. 14-31, (ISBN 978-91-978882-2-6).
Selected Exhibition catalogues
Interrupted Survey: Fractured Modern Mythologies, 2016: Published by Asia Culture Center.
Art Spectrum 2016: Published by Leeum Samsung Museum of Art.
Heritage is Commoning: Published by Nemo Press with contributions by Gillion Grantasaan, Ana Pavlovic & Vladimir Tomic, Masar Sohail, Jeannette Ehlers, Jane Jin Kaisen, Mikkel Bogh, Bernard Eric Jensen, Claus Haas, Christian Vollmond, Beate Knuth Federspiel, Albert Scherfic, Morten Bencke, Mikkel Bolt. 2015.
Tell Me Her Story, Seoul: Published by Coreana Museum of Art, 2013, pp. 56-60, 92-93.
Women in Between: Asian Women Artists 1984-2012, Fukouka: published by Fukouka Asian Art Museum, 2013, pp 78-79.
The Beginning is Always Today: Contemporary Feminist Art in Scandinavia, edited by Karin Hindsbo & Else-Brit Kroneberg, published by Sørlandets Art Museum, 2013. pp 168-169 (ISBN: 978-82-994332-8-0).
Videonale13 Festival for Contemporary Video Art Catalogue, edited by Georg Elben, published by Kerber Art, 2011. pp. 62-63 (ISBN: 978-3-86678-551-9).
· 2012-13: Itinerant_sends_for_itinerant studio, DK. Incisions, (with Guston Sondin-Kung).
· 2011: Den Frie Udstillingsbygning DK, Generous Gestures, (with Tijana Miskovic).
· 2009: 798 Art Zone, Beijing, CN, 10th Open Art International Performance Festival.
· 2008: Shifter Journal #12 Unassigned, eds. Shresta Premnath, Jane Jin Kaisen, Kajsa Dahlberg.
· 2007: Sofitel Ambassador Hotel, Seoul, South Korea, ARTgathering and literature event curated as part of the artist group UFOlab.
· 2006: tv-tv, Cinemateket, Folkets Hus, Overgaden, DK, Made in Video- International Festival of Experimental Video curated as part of Chamber of Public Secrets.
· 2005: GalleryPixel, Galleri Q, YNKB, DK, UFOlab Copenhagen, curated as part of UFOlab.
· Part of Migratory Times, transnational artist network and exhibition project initiated by Institute of Impossible Subjects, 2016/17
· Co-founder of the artist unit itinerant_sends_for_itinerant with Guston Sondin-Kung, 2009-
· Co-initiator of GANDA: Grassroots Cinema Center for Women of Asia with Soni Kum, Rosalie Zerrudo, Alma Quinto, Sorhaila Lomondot Latip-Yusoph, 2008-
· Co-founder of the artist collective UFOlab with Anna Jin Hwa Borstam, Charlotte Kim Boed, Jette Hye Jin Mortensen, Trine MeeSook Gleerup. 2004-
· Member of the exhibition collective Orientity Exhibition with Natsue Haji Oh, Nathalie Mihee Lemoine, Adel KsK, Raymond Hahn, Naomi K. Long, 2004-
ARTWORKS / FILMS IN PUBLIC COLLECTIONS & LIBRARIES
The Danish Arts Foundation, DK.
Malmö Art Museum, SE.
Harvard University Library, USA.
University of California Santa Cruz, USA.
University of California Los Angeles, USA.
University of California San Diego, USA.
School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, USA.
Jeju April 3rd Peace Park, KR.
Seoul National University, KR.
Yonsei University, KR.
Ritsumeikan University, JP.
Ochanomizu Women's University, JP.
Konan Women's University, JP.
· Montana ENTERPRIZE, Kunsthallen Brandts, DK, 2011 (Jury: Chus Martinez, associate curator, MACBA, Barcelona og co-curator DOCUMENTA 13., Dirk Luckow, Director, Deichtorhallen, Hamburg, Åsa Nacking, Director, Lunds Konsthall, Lund)
· Winner of AHL Foundation’s 5thAnnual Juried Competition, Gana Art New York, 2008 (Jury: Robert Berlind (writer for Art in America), Nathalie Angles (curator at Location One), and Heng-Gil Han (curator forJamaica Center for Art and Leaning in New York).
SELECTED GRANTS & FELLOWSHIPS
The Danish Arts Council, work grant 2014, 2015, 2017
Numerous production grants and travel grants from The Danish Arts Council and The Danish Arts Foundation 2004-present
Mads Øvlisen PhD Scholarship, 2014-17
Akademiraadets Rejsefond 2015
The Fulbright Foundation Scholarship for Graduate Study 2007-08
Idella Foundation, 2007
Knud Højgaards Fonden, 2008
Nordea Fonden, 2008
Dansk Kvindesamfunds Legater, 2007
Kunstakademiets Internationaliseringsfond, 2005, 2008
Jane Jin Kaisen has been a lecturer and guest teacher at institutions such as The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, University of Copenhagen, Funen Art Academy, Jutland Art Academy, Holbæk Kunsthøjskole, Byhøjskolen (Denmark), University of California Los Angeles, University of California Irvine, University of California Santa Cruz, Dartmouth College, New York University, University of California San Diego, St. Olaf College, DePaul University, Hunter College (USA), Yonsei University, Ehwa Womans University (South Korea), MASS Alexandria (Egypt), International Academy of Art (Palestine), Ritsumeikan University (Japan), Evora University (Portugal)
INVITED LECTURES / ARTIST TALKS / PRESENTATIONS
· Trans-Asia Screen Culture Institute, Korea National University of Arts, KR, International Workshop: Subaltern Cosmopolitanism: Diaspora Archive, May 18-19
· Kunsthal Aarhus, Dk, Time Share Project: The Real DMZ Project: The Aarhus Edition, April 2
· University of California San Diego, Translations Crossings Specters, artist talk & lecture, Feb. 9
· ArtSonje Center (KR), Borderlands for the Peaceful Co-existence in Korea and Beyond, Nov. 10-11
· Inter-Asia Biennale Forum / Gwangju Biennale11 (KR) Inter-Asia and the Other Worlds: Wild Conenctivity, Nov. 4-5.
· Korea National University of Arts (KR), Trans Asia Screen Culture: Re-Tracing Trans: Others in Translation, Nov 3.
· Rauma Biennale Balticum (FI) Vulnerability Matters Laboratory, Aug. 19.
· Stavanger Konsthall (NO), Feminist Perspectives on Transnational adoption in Art and Research, Oct. 8.
· Trampoline House (DK), In Cooperation: BE:BOP 2016. Black Europe Body Politics. Call & Response. June 5-7
· Goldsmiths, University of London (UK), Archives Matter, June 2-3
· Aarhus Univerity and Moesgaard Museum (DK) Camera as Cultural Critique: Juxaposition, Intervension and Co-creation, May 25-27
· Hood Museum, Dartmouth College, USA, Translations, Crossings, Specters, April 19.
· Museum of Reclaimed Urban Space New York (USA), A Night with Jane Jin Kaisen, April 11.
· University of Copenhagen, Dept. of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies (DK), Dissident Translations, March 4.
· Yonsei University, KR, Underwood Indernational College, Asian Studies Division, May 13.
· Ewha Womans University, KR, Korean Women´s Institute, April 16.
· Yonsei University, KR, Korean Center for Visual Culture, April 30.
· Hong Kong Baptist University, March 30-31, HK, Artistic Interventions: Histories, Cartographies, and Politics in Asia.
· Godsbanen, Århus, Jan. 10, 2015, DK, Loving Belinda Seminar: Tactics in Contemporary Art Adressing Race, Migration and Coloniality.
· Rethinking Asia Pivot – Challenging Everyday Militarisms & Bridging Communities of Women, Rutgers University, NJ, USA, Dec. 4, 2014.
· Tacid or Loud: Where is the knowledge in art? Symposium and Festival for artistic research. Inter Arts Center, SE, Nov. 28-Dec 3, 2014
· Images and Research: A Seminar about Visual Anthropology, Moesgaard Museum, DK, Nov. 17-18, 2014
· University of California Los Angeles, USA, Ending the Korean War Conference, May 8-10, 2013.
· Yonsei University, KR, Dept. of International Studies, July 16.
· Copenhagen University, DK, Dept. of Cross Cultural and Regional Studies, April 22.
· University of California Irvine, USA, Dept. of Art, May 1.
· University of California Irvine, USA, Dept. of Asian American Studies, May 2.
· University of California Riverside, USA, Dept. of Korean Studies, May 6.
· The Claremont Colleges, USA, The 4th International Conference on Adoption and Culture, March 22-25, 2012.
· Hunter College of the City University of New York, USA, Dept. of Asian American Studies, March 8.
· School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, MA, USA, March 6.
· Townhouse Gallery, Cairo, EG, Feb. 7, 2012.
· University of California Berkeley, USA, March 20, 2012.
· University of California Santa Cruz, USA, March 14, 2012.
· Copenhagen University, Dept. of Cross Cultural and Regional Studies, DK, May 23, 2012.
· ANTI-Contemporary Art Festival Seminar: Writing, Language, and Site, Kuopio, FI, Sept. 29-Oct. 2, 2011.
· Århus Kunstbygning, DK, Feminism, Post-colonialism & Micro-strategies in Contemporary Art, panel debate with curator Koyo Kouoh and artist Ato Malinda, Oct. 9, 2011.
· Ochanomizu Women's University, Tokyo, JP, April 30, 2011.
· Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, JP, April 28, 2011.
· The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Dept. of Theory and Communication, Feb. 2.
· Critical Mixed Race Studies Conference 2010, DePaul University, USA, Nov. 5-6, 2010.
· The Dialogic Imagination, panel with Mary Kelly, Andrea Geyer, Sharon Hayes, Dont Rhine, IASPIS, Stockholm, SE, Oct. 28, 2010.
· The Association for Asian American Studies Annual Conference, Hawaii, USA, April 22-26, 2010.
· St. Olaf College, Minneapolis, USA, Dept. of Literature, April 29.
· DePaul University, Chicago, USA, Dept. of Gender Studies, April 24.
· Iberia Center for Contemporary Art 798 Art Zone, Bejing, CN, Sept, 2009
· Act Out: Performative Video by Scandinavian Women Artists Conference, Évora University, Portugal, Nov. 22-24, 2008.
· PSi#14: Interregnum- In Between States, Copenhagen University, DK, Aug. 20-24, 2008.
· Nordic Association of Japanese and Korean Studies Annual Conference, Copenhagen University, DK, Aug 24-26, 2007.
· What time is it? – Cultural Production and the L.A. Riots, New York University, USA, April 22-24, 2007.
· Connection Barents Seminar, Kirkenes, NO, directed by Ong Ken Seng, seminar leaders: Coco Fusco, Wu Wenguang, Akram Zataari, Tadashi Kawamata, Ayu Utami, Kaffe Matthews, June 19-July 3, 2006.
· Seikei University, Tokyo, Japan, 2006.
· Ritsumeikan University, Department of Gender Studies, JP, Sept. 14. 2005
· Bandtis-Mages International Media Festival, Bourges, FR, Sept. 2005.
· Women In The Arts Singapore, Nov. 2005.